Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Connecting The Dots

Sometimes in the dark stretch of the night it happens, you caught yourself aimlessly staring at the ceiling, replaying the day in your head. Intertwined stillness. 


1) The sayings are true :– only know you 'love' something when it was gone // distance made the heart grow fonder (flashes a brittle smile), things like these. One of the closest and recent examples I could draw are - privileges and people. 

As I observe the ebbing tide brushes the shore momentarily, tides, high and low, both changes fast, made me perceived that just as how quickly people may fade in and out from my life. I was given no choice but accepting their absence(some eternally, some decided to walk away) and celebrating their presence(I'm thankful). Sometimes, behaviors and reactions reveal truth in the most 'compelling' ways. 

Privileges— to attend church, our very own church, not solely tied to the structural building, but includes the lovely assertive community. For the past many years, 'church' has always been easily accessible. I attend upon discretion - from weekdays bible study, connect group, to weekend services. Till the past few days, while I was sitting down quietly on the backstage, I've come to realise that, hey, time to leave...? I'll certainly, more than probable, miss this lovely church. I may be back for short while, nonetheless still a much lengthier period. What amazes me? The process of engaging ourselves in this new building in every way; The joy of reaping after endless sowing from thousand souls for more than a decade; Beyond grateful when I first walk through the enormous metal gate, extending my fingers to gently brush the barriers with silver crosses in between fixed beautifully; The numerous smiling faces of members that greet on every Sunday, blissful fellowships; God is indeed, too marvelous for words.



2) Hearts are fragile. I can be tough, I can be a hardcore, but there is a soft spot where I only opened to a few. I do believe fragility of life makes every moment meaningful. No? When you see the display of my Cheshire Cat signature smile, who ever tells you that I would not be swung down by the weight of emotions? I've learnt to peacefully accept what I cannot manipulate (does not indicates my slight dominance and intuition has been swept off tho), perceiving this as the consideration provided for growing up, more inherent pitfalls, less leeway for me, I, myself mentality. Failure wasn't even an option. 


"When I found the joy of reaching Your heart, when my will becomes enthralled in Your love. When all things that surround me, becomes shadow in the Light of Yours."
"In Christ alone., my hope is found. He is my light my strength, my song. From life's first cry to final breathe, Jesus commands my destiny."
Lord, empower me to do Thy will, shines with dignity and radiates to the brightest. My capabilities are confined, but it SHALL be made perfect in Thy boundless strength. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment